Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for USA FIT Week 11 Training Run 1

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for Untitled

Shared via AddThis

Today's training run was TOUGH! Both of my ankles hurt. My left is chronically bad, and I twisted my right during soccer practice on Sunday. I think that I also tweaked my lower back at practice. I'm not sure if I should be training for a marathon AND playing soccer. At least my soccer team is in the "non-competitive league. I wonder if that means we will be taking the short bus to the away games???

Anyway, I have a question for you running and training gurus out there. Here's exactly what the training called for today:

45 Min (15e / 5 Hills / 30e)

Exactly what does this mean? Does it mean that I have to run 45 easy minutes followed by 5 hill repeats? Or does it simply mean to pick a hilly course? If you do need to be doing seperate hill repeats, how long should the hill be?

Today's run was at McAlpine, and I repeated "THE BIG HILL" (and if you've run McAlpine Greenway's X-Country Course, you know what "THE BIG HILL" is) twice. I can't imagine having to do that hill once more, much less three more times. There were a few more smallish hills on this trail, but I will need some guidance on this one.

I am looking forward to Fall Runs. Today's weather was PERFECT: low to mid-70s with a slight breeze. Though I was slow due to the aforementioned injuries, I really enjoyed the run.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment