Thursday, September 3, 2009

Garmin Connect - Click Link Below for details of Week 11, Run 3

Garmin Connect - Click here to see details of the run

Shared via AddThis


A facebook friend of mine from college told me to stop complaining about my aches and pains. She said, "you're starting to sound like an old man."

My immediate response was to agree with her. However, upon further review, I think it's OK to discuss aches and pains via the blog in hopes that someone may have some advice or thoughts to help out. I will say this, however: In the same convo, I was complaining about the cost of tomatoes at the local farmer's market, and that combined with the aches and pains probably did convey an Archie Bunker type demeanor.

Though I'm no expert on the matter of running with pain, a general rule of thumb I've heard is that you should expect dull pain and fatigue and you should plow through it. However, at the onset of sharp pain, step away and figure it out. Don't risk further injury.

I think that my next running purchase will be "the stick," some kind of self-massage device (no dirty comments please) to be used after running.

http://www.thestick.com/

We'll see.

Today's run was at McMullen Greenway, a beautiful, shaded trail designed for running and biking. The workout called for 15 easy / 20 fast / 15 easy. I followed it to a T, but added a little extra at the end to get back from where I came.

My next run will be Saturday's long training run of 13 miles (almost a 1/2 marathon). I will be working on tweeking hydration and nutrition for this run. It also means that tomorrow will be a fiber taper day. . . more on that in a future post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment