Sunday, September 13, 2009

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for USA Fit Week 11 Long Run...14 Miles

Garmin Connect - Activity Details for USA Fit Week 11 Long Run...14 Miles

Shared via AddThis

This was (and remains) my longest run to date.

The weekly USA Fit Long Run was off due to the Labor Day holiday, so one of the coaches decided to offer an alternative run, which consisted of the last half of the Thunder Road Marathon Course plus about a mile. So, we ended up doing 14 total miles.

I am blogging on this run over a week after completing it, however, I have two distinct memories: 1) this run went through and around some really cool parts of Charlotte (NoDa, Panther Stadium, Bobcat Arena, The Plaza, Central Avenue, and Trade Street). 2) I agreed to keep pace with a girl from my pace group who had not been keeping up with the mid-week training runs. This slowed her (and correspondingly me) down considerably. Due to the fact that we, as a group, were not going to drop anyone (there were about 10 of us), and I was one of the slower of the 10, I agreed to pace with her. Some parts of the course went through some sketchy neighborhoods, so I didn't want to get too far ahead of her.

As for how I felt, it was GREAT! I was very tired and sore after the run, particularly in the right hamstring, however, I worked out the sore with my brand new stick and embraced the notion of a Sunday off--even though I did end up running quite a bit on Sunday at soccer practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment